Tuesday, January 10, 2012

And I Have Arrived.....

It was over 3 years ago that I got myself a spot here..i don't think too many people would have friends following their blogs n, well..no posts!...So this is the story behind why I'm here, why I haven't posted anythin all this while n yet kept the account..n how m finally writing now!!...
The day I registered here was the day I had finally learned to love..myself.
Growing up, I was a type-cast for the Indian good girl. I was always among the top three in class, I wore the longest skirts in school, never disobeyed my parents, was extremely respectful to elders, all my friends' parents expected their kids to treat me as their role-model.
But these are core values, I am still much the same..except I lost the hopeless skirts..n oh! how I miss topping class!!...
But the change that did occur was, as I entered my teens, I started to question things. Like why do I pray?..why are the girls who have boyfriends or like to dress a certain way, deemed 'bad' girls?..why is pre-marital sex wrong, when its nothing but the most profound expression of love?..n mostly everything I was made to understand as morality by the social system.
Looking back now, I realize that my parents noticed this change n were glad that I had started developing a mind of my own.
But back then, I was a little uncomfortable with my own new-found "open mindedness." I guess I tried to curb it for a while, since I was used to being "the apple of everyone's eye", n I knew these liberal ideas don't go down well with the orthodox Indian mindset. But this was evolution, n once your brain starts to evolve..there's no reverse gears!
I realized I dint get along with people who had a 'narrow' outlook anymore, so I'd let them be. If they tried to force their system on me I'd try debating and reasoning with them. I dint want to mix in anymore. I had understood and accepted the change n was loving it!!
The fundamental basis of my belief system is simple, its something you hear everyday, "live and let live." Don't judge people, accept them for who they are if you want to be friends, and if not, let them be! People are most welcome to put forth their concern and criticism, but whether to take that advice or not, has to be my call!
So that's when I landed up here, when I was ready to be ME!..But now I know that the world does see you the way you see yourself..Suddenly, there was no one trying to mold me, so there was no need for rebellion...and that's why I never ended up posting anything.
And all these years later, I'm finally going to use this portal, not for rebellion..but to share my thoughts..


2 comments:

Swati Sharma said...

its really nice... i totally agree world sees u the way u see urself.. !!

devika said...

hey..thanks!..n u r part of the reason m back here..so thanks again..i need a lil shove sumtimes! :)